The District, Lions Australia and Lions Clubs International provide a wealth of resources to assist Lions to run clubs, develop and retain members and guide the operations of your Lions Club.
Links - This Page:
Links - Other Resources:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As we are linking to other websites if you find a link is "broken" please email the Webmaster so that it may be corrected.
Club Management, Governance, Legislation & Regulations, President, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership & Club Development, Public Relations, Webmaster and Cabinet Officer resources are included in the Members Only section. Lions Club members (District 201N1) may login using their first name, last name and membership number as it appears on the MyLCI Members Register. (Consult your Club Secretary or Mailing label of your Lions Magazine.)
1. We recognise that all Lions, Lioness & Leo Clubs in the District are working hard to support their communities and the broader projects of Lions Australia & Lions Clubs International
2. We appreciate the effort that every member makes to the Lions family.
3. Service is the basis of Lions (“We serve”). Each Club achieves very good things for their communities. When we come together as Lions, Lionesses & Leos can achieve great things.
4. Importance of Service
- Strong service projects offer opportunities for members to engage as part of the Lions family.
- Strong service projects provide potential members the opportunity to see the work we undertake in our community and around the world.
- Meaningful service -> improved visibility -> encourages new members -> keep members.
5. The aims of the Global Service Team are to assist clubs:
- to support LCI global causes - Diabetes, Vision, Hunger, Environment and Childhood Cancer;
- create a sense of belonging and pride in Lions;
- attract new members through service; and
- help raise visibility of Lions service projects in their local communities.
6. Goals for the District’s Global Service Team
- Education: Provide education to all Clubs in relation to service as a gateway to fellowship, retention and membership.
- Community Needs Survey – Encourage Clubs to complete a Community Needs Survey to ensure that their services are current and are meeting their community needs.
- Reporting – The diversity we have within Lions makes it important that we record and share our experiences with service activities. Reporting activities provide knowledge and experience that can help other Clubs.
- Additional Service Activity – Encourage Clubs to conduct one additional service activity annually (supporting one of the Global causes) with a view towards increased public relations and membership. [Note Points 1 & 2 above]
- Resources/Training– to provide the resources and training needed to allow the GAT team to meet these goals.
YouTube: The District's Global Action Team has prepared the following series of short videos on Service, Membership and Leadership. All District Officers, Club Officers and Members are encouraged to watch these videos that discuss various aspects of Lions. The videos may be used at District, Zone and Club meetings as well as various training days.
- Resource Center - https://lionsclubs.org/en/resources-for-members/resource-center
- Club Quality Initiative - https://lionsclubs.org/en/resources-for-members/resource-center/club-quality-initiative
- Serve! – The Service Journey - https://lionsclubs.org/en/start-our-approach/service-journey